Saturday 13 November 2010

Revised booklet - Cover

Made a few changes and developed a more minimal approach to the front cover. I wasn't entirely sure with the previous design of it as I felt that it didn't really fit the posters as well. With this one, I focused more on the distinctive colours of the LEGO bricks as the main design, which would continue throughout the spreads inside via coloured inserts. As a cover I do quite like it being quite subtle, it's more type driven and I think would work better with the range of materials that I have produced.

In terms of the production side of this booklet, I'm thinking of keeping the stock inside quite simple, so possibly just sticking with the 80gsm paper, for the cover I'd like to consider using a gloss stock to relate back to the texture of LEGO pieces. I've also been thinking about incorporating some spot varnish onto the cover aswell, but this will see how the print outs go. Obviously if I print on gloss, then there's no point in doing a spot varnish. However if I end up printing on a matte stock then I think the special finish would add to the quality and finish of the booklet. 


No comments:

Post a Comment