Tuesday 23 November 2010

Booklet cover developmet 03

Further development and adjustments to final front cover. So far I think these development are the strongest and most appropriate for the front cover of the booklet. They don't resemble anything to do with food from a glance but reflect a clear concept of dissecting information once you look into it and the whole things fits together. I found that my previous developments and design direction for the covers didn't really connect with the poster side of it, therefore started experimenting a bit more with the infographics elements from the poster itself, until I finally discovered an ordered yet flexible format to lay the whole set out.

From these, I've made a few more adjustments, with the type treatment and overall arrangement of the symbols and type. To an extent it almost resembles a math's or physics workbook, the idea of collating, distilling and re delivering information in a completely different format to what people expect for the subject of Dimsum. So far I think they'll work quite well, but will need to get something printed out as a whole booklet and will see how that turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment