Tuesday 2 November 2010

Design Direction 01- Lego Brief

As a 2 week brief, I really needed to pick up the pace with the development while still managing the researching and overall design direction. After spending a day drafting out several initial ideas and concepts, I have come up with 3 different design routes that I plan to explore to some extent, before picking a final route which I will develop further and finalise ready for the crit next week.

Design Route 01
The 1st design route consists of using vectored LEGO bricks throughout the range of design materials. The target audience would be both children and adults who would already know about LEGO therefore I wouldn't need the posters to explain anything. Instead, they should carry out a fun, friendly and playful design direction that engages and informs people of the event details and reflect a sense of what the exhibition would be about.

From this direction, I've developed a range of different layout variations for the poster design, also exploring the use of different colours and LEGO illustrations. From this I will decide on which route out of the 3 to take forward for further development, which would lead to producing a range of design materials including the posters, invites and events leaflet/booklet.

No comments:

Post a Comment