Friday 22 October 2010

Making a start

I'm a few days behind schedule with starting this brief, but have finally made some progress on this. In comparison to the catalogue brief, this one's a lot more open in terms of the concept and the design outcomes I could develop. The brief asks for a design direction and campaign that promotes Lego, however after some initial research, I gathered that the majority of the people I questioned were big fans of the product itself, which kind of questioned the purpose of promoting it. Was there a need to promote it or should something else be done around this subject matter?

After bashing out some quick initial thoughts and ideas, I have come to a conclusion that instead of promoting Lego I will produce design materials towards a fictional exhibition that 'Celebrates Lego as a platform for creativity'. At the current state, this will be a fictional exhibition, but I thoughts are on making this into a small internal exhibition that would just be for Leeds College of Arts students. This would allow me to produce the promotional and signage materials aswell as gathering exhibition materials and hosting a Lego session that invites people to build whatever they wanted with Lego. The concept of this would mean that I'd be able to generate more information that would become the content of a publication that concludes the event.

No comments:

Post a Comment