Monday 11 October 2010

Development 01 - Layout/size/specification



Spread development for the catalogue design. Developing from the initial layout ideas I had drawn, I have started to interpret these digitally, focusing more on the essential details such as margin widths, type orientation, column and gutter specifications etc which is more efficient when working on it digitally as opposed to hand drawing them all. I think my thought process can be identified quite clearly in these, with the first one being quite bold and simple, I experimented with different variations while considering the readability, functional aspect and overal tone and aesthetics of the catalogue that I want to deliver it as.

So far I have just worked mainly on the pens & markers section, using a few initial vector drawings to illustrate my ideas. At this stage, I think i will be going ahead with the vector drawn approach for the products and have a final index at the back. As it's quite a short brief (2 weeks) and I'm already onto my second, I really need to start making some decisions on the design direction and work on the rest of the catalogue's content.

Breaking these up into different sections, these are the things I still need to do to meet my print deadline on friday:

- Type out all the information including ref numbers, normal prices & discount prices etc
- Photograph and draw out all the stationary and document all the colours available
- Collect all stock
- Decide on the size of catalogue
- Decide on final fonts specifications for the whole catalogue
- Make a decision on the stock to print catalogue on
- Decide on the binding format
- Finish all spreads
- Develop front cover

No comments:

Post a Comment