Wednesday 20 October 2010

Post Crit

Just out from the crit where I received some good constructive feedback and suggestions on my current progress with the Catalogue brief and Leeds College of Art Newsletter. In terms of the Catalogue I've had mixed reviews so far with the layout and design direction of it, personally I had gone in thinking that I should almost completely scrap the vectored images and have the spreads completely type driven. But after a few mixed suggestions, I'm now having to give things a serious rethink! 

Dave and Liam commented that the newsletter seemed to reflect my rationale and what I like to do more than the catalogue, which is true to some extent. I seemed to have developed the newsletter so much quicker and was a lot more enjoyable than what the catalogue has been so far, maybe I should reconsider or revise the catalogue brief and should start thinking about taking on a few more short briefs. 

Right now I'm going to make a start on the research for my 3rd brief, I have a few alternative ideas for the catalogue as I'm not at all happy with the current state of it, therefore going to give it a break and go back to it in a couple of months. In the meantime, I'm looking forwards to starting the Lego brief, it's not research driven so I can get straight into ideas and the creative side of things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment