Saturday 2 October 2010

Revised old work

Went to visit a couple of studios today and get some feedback and to network around abit. Came home and did some context research and thoughts on the new briefs. I know I really should get started so planned to make a start on a brief tomorrow morning. In the meantime, I spent some time revising some old work, this has mainly been initiated after speaking to a few studios who all wanted to see more printed materials. I felt that there were 2 projects in particular that I could take to show but didn't due to the final execution of the solutions. So spent a few hours revising my book of 100 brief from back in first year.

I chose to revise this as I felt that the concept was strong and research was substantial, I had the content ready so just had to redesign the finish ready to print to take to future studio visits. Here are the before & after for the book of 100. I'm pretty pleased with the finish, taking on a completely different direction with the design, focusing more on readability and function. There has been a few minor changes such as a few icons at the back, type/layout, orientation of the texts and overall layout of the icons for the poster size. Altogether I think the developed one looks stronger and more effective.

1 comment: