Thursday 13 May 2010

Crit feedback://

Got some positive and useful feedback from the crits, main points raised was that:

- I really needed to get the research for the content together so I can start forming the contents properly rather than guessing how many words I would get from it.

- I should consider the choice of typefaces more for the covers, maybe experiment and even create my own.

- Decide on the imagery that I'll be using, if they're photographs, then take pictures of them so i know what I'm working with when experimenting with layouts.

- Should the typefaces for each issue cover be the same or different towards what they're about?

From this, I have planned to rework on the covers and get more mock ups printed out. In terms of the typeface for the covers, I plan to develop a few with different fonts and specifications, but whatever I decide on will run across all 12 issues to give a sense of consistent design direction. From the crits, people were quite unsure about what the contents would be, so maybe I need to clarify this a bit more either on my blog or on the brief itself, either way I definitely need to get the research together now, as it's the only thing that my piece is missing at the moment. For the imagery, I have decided to use photography to visualise people's collections, I wanted a good balance between text and image, with them both complimenting each other in the layouts so didn't want to go into the route of illustration. As the whole booklet will be printed on 2 colours, I'm thinking of making the images monotone to the colour of that specific issue.

With just over 2 weeks left until the final deadline of this, I've planned to aim and get the finals printed next week, meaning that I'll have 6 days to get everything tested out and ready to print on thursday. So within this time scale, I need to:

- Gather research content
- Get all the spreads designed
- Gather and prepare all the images for placing into layouts
- Work on poster design as promotional material
- Work on website proposal / visualise
- Print out all 11 covers and put the final publication together.

No comments:

Post a Comment