Tuesday 11 May 2010

Cover Design Development://

Development of front cover designs, these are displayed as spreads; front and back which will be printed digitally on a sheet of A2 double coated newsprint and folded in half for form the publication. Altogether, each publication will consist of 6 A2 sheets folded in half, which gives me 16 pages + the front and back covers of the publications.

As documented, I have experimented with the use of type, hierarchy, layout, colour and applying the designs into a range of publications as I am only producing the 1st issue but proposal the remaining 11. I intend to make a decision on a specific layout after the crit tomorrow, which I will further develop and use as the basis of all the publication cover designs so there is a consistent design direction throughout. The difference in them being, the 2nd colour that I will also need to decide on for each issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment