Sunday 7 February 2010

Final idents://

The 5 final developed idents are presented as a final presentation.
To be honest, I'm not very satisfied with my finals at all; I focused a lot of my time trying to figure out a solid idea that I could run with throughout all my ideas, and after putting all together I don't really think the subtitles work as well as I planned. The crit feedback I recevied definitely helped structure my design development but looking back, I don't think I had a very strong idea so in a way I was 'polishing a turd'.

Now that they're all completed and put together as a completed set, I can see the areas I could have changed at an earlier stage. I think the main problem that made me struggle was the fact that all the films were quite different in a sense that the only common aspect of it would be the fact that it's got Stephen Chow in. I found it difficult to link them all together as a set while still being able to work as individual idents.

However, whatever's done is done, there are things that could have been improved but for now, I should just focus on the DVD interface and look into packaging the dvd!

5 Idents promoting a season of Stephen Chow films from Tim Wan on Vimeo.

Screen grabs of final idents:///




No comments:

Post a Comment