Sunday 7 February 2010

DVD interface://

Development work for dvd interface and visual approach.
My concept for the dvd interface is emphasized on the clarity and ease of use. Throughout my ident's there isn't really a common visual theme that I could run with, the only common thing being the fact that majority of my ident's are vector based that utilise simple motion. Therefore I decided to keep the visual appearance clean and bold for the interface. Colour wise, there isn't really a particular colour that reflects the whole project either so the decision was to use black & white tones with purple being the 3rd colour as it identifies with the colour used throughout the blog for this module. This would hopefully achieve a clean, clear and concise appearance throughout the DVD, which I'm looking to develop for the packaging.

DVD opening 01 from Tim Wan on Vimeo.

Initial idea and first visual representation for what I'm looking achieve in terms of interactivity and visual approach. I've kept the shapes, type and use of colour/tones quite limited, putting emphasis on the clean interface and the motion that runs throughout, hopefully offering an enjoyable and functional DVD interface.

DVD opening 02 from Tim Wan on Vimeo.

Developement, focusing more on the small details with motion and timing. I wanted to create something interesting but not anything that would be too long to annoy the user.

No comments:

Post a Comment