Thursday 29 April 2010

Subject://

For the past few days, I've been working on deciding my subject matter that I'd be working on for this final project. After the first week, I've gathered a clear idea on the type of work that I wanted to produce for this final 2nd year module; type heavy, editorial, research lead print based resolution(s). After rewriting a brief base on the '10 things you should know about...' ISTD 2009 brief, I needed to identify an initial 'problem' that I could work from that would determine the subject matter.

One of the first things I had to do was to refine the target audience, I needed to be sure of who I was aiming my work at. The initial brief I wrote, stated that my audience would be 'Designers, creatives and design students', people that I've never really designed for so I think it would be an interesting choice for the final project, this would also offer an opportunity for me to be more experimenting with the visuals and focus more on the design direction perhaps. One of the things I wasn't very sure was that it's quite broad however, It's quite hard to define people into this category, and in a way it almost stereotypes people into into categories. With the type of work in mind, I had to ask myself a few question regarding the design direct;

- What would my target audience want to read?
- Why would they want to read it?
- What benefits would they have?
- When would they read it?
- How will they know about and pick one up?

For the past few days, I've simply brainstormed a load of initial ideas and problem analysis. In a hope to identify what the subject matter would be://

No comments:

Post a Comment