Sunday 17 January 2010

Feedback response://

After receiving the feedback given based on the current blog posts and presentation, there are evidently a few key areas that I will need to revise on before I start generating ideas for the 5 idents.

Strenghts://
It seems that my strengths so far lie on the subject matter as the majority of the people felt that it was a good idea to base it on a fairly unfamiliar actor. I think this would be a good challenge as it's not a genre of films that have been worked on before as a season of films. It seems that I have a good sense of direction with where I'm heading so far, but with only 4 weeks left I think I need to start making some decisions of design direction and design context.

Weaknesses://
'I am still not clear on what Stephen Chows movies are like', I think this is both the main issue and the advantage of my subject chosen. As it'll be new to most people and quite different to any other Chinese films they might have seen, the main challenge would be to appeal to the audience and sustain their interest. On the other hand, I could adapt the style or use images taken from the films as part of my ident, which would make it more interesting and give the audience an idea of what they'd be expecting. The audience being too broad was an issue that was mentioned a few times, and I do agree with this. I think I really need to narrow it down a bit more, as this would affect my ideas and visual approach throughout the development. My research also seems to be lacking on examples of work, probably a good idea to do this as a record and also to help generate some visuals for my ideas, in general I think I need to update my blog a bit more on what I've been looking at so far. With 4 weeks left, I definitely need to start making decisions and start considering design aspects like: type, use of colour, imagery etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment