Friday 22 January 2010

Initial Storyboards://


Initial storyboards; these were mainly for developing thoughts and concepts for the tv idents. Main issues with this was the challenge of interpreting my ideas and trying to think with motion in mind, secondly because the choice of films I have picked are quite varied, it has made it rather difficult to develop a concept that would allow it to flow fluently as a set of idents. What I needed was a concept/ idea that would allow me to experiment with in a range of different ways, working with the selection of films I have chosen.

The storyboards show a range of different ideas that I have explored briefly. I didn't want to spend too much time perfecting the timing and accuracy of the drawings, this was purely the process of recording down any rough ideas. The genre of films I have chosen are quite random and different, people who haven't seen a Stephen Chow movie wouldn't really know what to expect or know what to compare it with, therefore rather than trying to explain to them in the ident, I wanted to keep the audience intrigued and curious as to what is coming. Therefore one of the main ideas that I quite like was the concept of maintaining the original undubbed audio as part of the starting sequence of each ident. This would be accompanied by a series of subtitles at the start, syncronized to the audio but translating the audio for the viewers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment