Friday 6 November 2009

Ninja catalogue mockup://

Since my last post, I have moved on quite swiftly with the brief as the deadline is less than 2 weeks away now and I know that the packaging itself will take quite a few days to mockup and finalize, and then there's also the design boards to put together!

Aswell as working on the contents of the page, I have been developing a half scale book that would act as the mock-up catalogue. I wanted to test out the thickness of pages required, the dimensions of the book and the binding method. This mockup is roughly A6 with 50 individual sleeves binded together with a japanese binding technique. I also used 2 5mm wooden blocks, cut to the exact size of the paper to sandwich the book and sprayed the edge of the pages and the spine black as I wanted the whole book to be black and anonymous when closed. ( Cover will be made of black stock) This has turned out quite successfully, only issue would be the binding really due to the lack of experience, the thread is slightly loose making the whole book a little flimsy. In terms of the size, I think the thickness of the sleeves put together work rather well with the actual dimensions, but this will be tested with how the content will be displayed.




Due to the nature of the spray paint, a small amount of paint has leaked/ soaked through the paper, but this actually adds a nice hand made touch to the book*

No comments:

Post a Comment