Tuesday 28 September 2010

Business card production / final

Final business card design and production; they were produced out of laser cutting a 3mm fluorescent green/yellow sheet of acrylic. I wanted to experiment with a more unconventional method of producing the cards, laser cutting was an interesting choice as it would be highly cost effective, I only had to pay for the material as the use of the laser cutter was free. To produce this finish in large numbers would be incredibly expensive and I wouldn't even know where to start looking to get these done, I was only planning on getting around 40 of these cards produced so wanted to utilise this.




The finished business cards:
Dimensions - 55mm x 85mm x 3mm
The final finish looks pretty impressive and is definitely eye catching thanks to the fluorescent colour of the acrylic. I experimented with different cutting variations including cutting it on the other side before using the inverted cut so that it is viewed on the other side, as this gives a cleaner and more polished finish. I'm pleased with the results, considering the amount of time we had to work on these. They look really professional as a collection and individually, the only thing I hoped could have been better is the accuracy of the type, it looks quite rigid when they're cut out, and although it is legible I would have liked it to be sharper! Nevertheless as I now have my business cards ready to hand out to visiting professionals, potential employers and clients. Although there can be improvements, it's eye catching as planned and does the job for carrying my contact and website address.

No comments:

Post a Comment