Tuesday 6 October 2009

Summer Postcards

Mandatory Requirements:
To show the ability to understand basic colour systems by re- interpreting a variety of source material.

One of the main highlights of my summer was my first visit to New York City, one of the most documented period of my summer was during the 10 days I spent in the city. Therefore the focus on the visuals and subject matter based on my photos and imagery collected from the trip was an interesting and beneficial decision.

1 Colour Pictogram of taking photos
The majority of my research was documented through photography, which played a big role in my research, therefore I decided to dedicate the pictogram to this 'activity'.


A Word, 3 Colour Max
Again, working around the subject of America, I chose the word Dollar. I experimented with overlaying colour to form a 4th colour, certain results for much bolder than others, but ended up with this one, where the bold type is complimented with a nice outline of colours.


Full colour image
These newspaper boxes are a common sight in NY, but seemed quite bizarre to start with. I chose this image as it reflected the subtle characteristics of the big apple while demonstrating a nice spectrum of colours.


2 Colour Logo
Based on the Popeye's Chicken & Biscuit logo, I experimented with different colour varations, before finalising with this simple/ bold colour combination, intended to be printed white stock.


No comments:

Post a Comment